Wednesday 6 June 2012

Summer dinner & please keep your fingers crossed!

Summer dinners can be so light and easy to make especially if you are lucky to live in a place where temperatures are more likely to remain you summer rather than late autumn. Summer dinner for me are vegetables and sometimes something extra such as egg. 

 This is my last recipe before taking a short break. I am going to take this break because I want to focus on something else for a little while. I want to focus more on myself. I was selected from many girls and invited to a casting for new project of the British company offering underwear and clothes for woman who have large breast and curves. I am not even dreaming about getting this job but I would love to do my best at the bra-fitting, interview and photoshoot on 19 June so please, please keep your fingers crossed. This does not mean that I am going to go on the diet and try to loose some weight. No way! I am just trying to eat well for my skin, I want my eyes to be sparkling and my mind to be calm and focused therefore I need some time just for myself, not for searching new recipes, spending time cooking and photographing. I hope you will understand and wish me luck. I will be back with new ideas and new energy - I love challenges and getting new experience so I am sure no matter what the result will be I will get more positive energy. 

And now please enjoy one of my favourite summer dinners. Peas with mint, asparagus, pancetta and poached egg.



Serves 2

about 500g garden peas (fresh or frozen, if frozen defrost it in the colander)
10 green asparagus spears, wooden parts removed, each spear halved 
10-12 thin pancetta rashers
1 tbsp olive oil  
2 eggs
salt
freshly ground black pepper 
handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped

Fry the pancetta rashers in dry pan and set aside. Using the same pan fry the asparagus in the olive oil for about 4 minutes then add the peas and fry for about 2-3 minutes until just warm but still bright green and firm. Next add fresh mint, mix well and divide between two warm plates.

In the meantime crack the eggs into two small separate bowls, boil some water in a small pan and add some salt. Remove from the heat, add the eggs and place back on the heat. Boil for about 90 seconds. Drain the egg gently, using a slotted spoon.


Arrange fried pancetta on the plates with vegetables and top with the poached eggs. Serve immediately.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely recipe! My best wishes for your project! Good Luck with it, I am sure you will do well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Luigi. :) Tomorrow I will try to write about this experience. :)

      Delete

Please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!