Sunday 20 March 2011

Tuna & sundried tomato pâté



I love pátés and dips. I think my favourite one is hummus that I showed you already, also because I can incorporate different extra ingredients to the basic recipe and develop so many different flavours.

In the last few weeks I had some dips and pátés that I like very much and make them quite often, sometimes I change herbs and spices and discover new versions of old favourites.

One, two, three. Today the first one.


185g tinned sustainable tuna (preferably steaks)
2-3 tbsp olive oil (optional, no need of oil if you use tuna in oil)
handful of fresh parsley
6-8 sundried tomato halves (dry or in oil)
level tsp of tomato pure
tsp of lemon juice
1/4 tsp ground chilli
some freshly ground black pepper

I used dried tomatoes so I soaked them in hot water until softened. They are quite salty so I didn't need extra salt.

Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and whiz until smooth.

Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.

2 comments:

  1. nigdy nie próbowałam łączyć tuńczyka z suszonymi pomidorami. intrygujesz..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mialam tzw. lightbulb moment, kiedy naszla mnie ochota na makrele w sosie pomidorowym. ;) Przygotowuje do publikacji rownie dobre sardynki. Mam nadzieje, ze uporam sie z wpisem jakos w kwietniu. Pozdrawiam!

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!