Friday 3 September 2010

Goats' cheese & vegetable melts



Like I mentioned few das ago I like goats' cheese a lot. If you like goats' cheese to please check out this lovely caramelised onion.

Today I am going to show a different way to have a goats' cheese which I love, as it is simple, tasty and you can have a half job done in advance. I like to make more vegetables and store them in a plastic container in a fridge and just reheat them slightly in a microwave when I fancy this melt. They will last few days refrigerated and preparation is only a matter of minutes.

It is ideal to have with glass of your favourite wine, you can serve it as a lunch, light supper or a starter.


red bell pepper, cut into bite size chunks
small courgette, cut into bite size chunks
small aubergine, cut into bite size chunks
tbsp olive oil
handful of fresh thyme
few slices of goats cheese
few slices of good quality bread, one-two days old (I used sourdough bread with olives and sun dried tomatoes)
2 garlic cloves
few sun dried tomatoes from olive oil
freshly ground back pepper
salt

Preheat a pan/skillet and add the olive oil. Next add peppers, courgettes, aubergine and picked thyme leaves. Fry until al-dente, stirring from time to time making sure the vegetables are not browning too much. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.

Preheat the oven to 200C.

Using a food processor or pestle and mortar mash sun dried tomatoes and garlic until smooth.

Place bread slices on a baking tray and put into the oven for 3 minutes.

Spread tomato paste on the bread slices, top with vegetables and slice of cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted.

Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh thyme. Serve warm.

7 comments:

  1. this sounds delicious!!! I bet it would make a great wrap, with all of those wonderful ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dennis. :) Actually my favourite wrap or panini from next door bisto is grilled vegetables, goats' cheese and pesto. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never was that keen on goat's cheese to be honest but this looks so good I want to try it! It was a while ago that I ate it so maybe I can be converted lol! Thanks for sharing - great blog you have :)


    http://comfortbites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey, thanks for stopping by. :) You never know how your taste could have changed within few last years. I would not eat some stuff 3-4 years back and now I quite enyou most of those things. So give it a go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this tastes as good as it looks. I love goat cheese.

    Plan B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - They look amazing! I LOVE goats cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chef Bee & Jan, thanks for your comments. :) We all seems to like goats cheese a lot. :)))

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!